With the posturing and pontificaiting that goes on around social, its important to remember one thing. For the enterprise user, the one who gets to choose whether to adopt or not, this is what “it’s all about”.
• I know what everyone needs to know
• My email isn’t my knowledge management system
• If I need you, I can find you
• If you need me, you can find me
• If we need one another we can gather and act rapidly, when and how it works for us
• If I’m new, I know what to do
• If I’m an expert, I can share and promote my work/capability/offering/event/idea...
• If I need talent, or content, I can find it quickly with context and evidence
• If I need answers they are discoverable when I need them
• My work is the stuff I’m great at, the stuff that drives me and adds value. Not a maze of frustrating tools & limiting processes
It’s work. Make it better.